Enjoy the beautiful terraced rice fields and art
Teshima has the theme of "food and art" with beautiful terraced rice fields regenerated with local residents. Installation art that fuses with nature and makes the entire space a work is scattered around the four villages. There is also a shop where you can enjoy the taste of the island's vegetables and seafood, so you can enjoy not only sightseeing but also dining.
- Teshima Art Museum
- An art museum in collaboration with artist Rei Naito and architect Ryue Nishizawa. You can feel the surrounding light, wind, and sound, and the appearance that blends into the surrounding landscape is impressive. Inside the museum, there is an exhibition of "mother molds" in which the water that springs from the floor becomes a "spring" throughout the day.
- Karato Rice terraces
- Beautiful Karato rice terraces spread out on a gentle slope of about 9 hectares overlooking the Seto Inland Sea. The scenery of June when the paddy fields are filled with water and November when the rice ears planted there hang down is exactly the original scenery of Japan.
- Les Archives du Cœur
- A Christian Boltanski museum with the theme of life and death, consisting of three rooms, including a room where you can hear the heartbeats of people all over the world. You can also add your own heartbeat to your work.
- Takamatsu Port
- Ieura Port (Marche)
- Karato no Shimizu (10 mins)
- Shima Kitchen
- Karato Rice terraces (30 mins)
- Teshima Art Museum (50 mins)
- Les Archives du Cœur (30 mins)
- Karato Port
- Takamatsu Port
Lunch Shima Kitchen
A restaurant designed by Ryo Abe, an architect who renovated an unoccupied house. Under the advice of the chef at the Tokyo Marunouchi Hotel, local mothers will serve you with a menu using Teshima ingredients.
Access Use of Chartered Ship
Takamatsu Port→Teshima : Time Required about 35 mins
Uno Port→Teshima (Ieura Port) : Time Required about 30 mins
* This is just a example. Please send us inquiry for more details.